[antlr-interest] Speed (was: build issues: bytecode assembly generation)

Don Caton dcaton at shorelinesoftware.com
Sat Oct 23 09:20:38 PDT 2004

John:

I'm not complaining about anything at all.  I've said several times that
will full optimizations, Antlr's C++ generated code is plenty fast enough.
I'm a happy camper with Antlr, in that regard.

Now, I don't know if it falls under the category of complaining or not, but
I do have some issues with Antlr's architecture.  Tree walking, in
particular.  It's a great concept, but in practice it seems cumbersome to
actually use, at least in a large system.

Thanks for the pointer to gmnane.org.  Much better than yahoo.

Regards,

Don Caton
Shoreline Software, Inc.

Sorry bout that...