[antlr-interest] no more java vs x language ;)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Oct 23 12:37:30 PDT 2004

On 10/23/04 6:05 PM, "Terence Parr" <parrt at cs.usfca.edu> wrote:

> howdy,
>
> Ok, I think we all want to prevent a 30 day jihad on languages.
>
> However, issues of parser performance etc... are welcome such as the
> byte-code thingy.  I think we can discuss that stuff w/o resorting to
> language wars.
>
> Thanks for all the valuable input though.  I've read with interest.
>
> I think even Ruslan will be happy with the java performance of the
> DFAs...the C and Java DFAs should perform the same minus support code
> differences.  They are going to screaaaaam! :)

:-)

This will be great Terrence.

I want to inform that we have start develop set of benchmarks for Valentina
to do profiling. We will have many benches to see and profile under Rational
tools the performance of parser/lexer.

And I think in 2-4 weeks we will start inform about results.

Also I remember on this list few developers have told they was able
SIGNIFICANTLY improve speed of lexer and parser by manual changes.
Will be very interesting again collect this TIPs.

BTW, I do not worry about Java performance.
    We use C++ runtime of ANTLR.

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com