[antlr-interest] Treeview

Maassen, H.A.M. H.A.M.Maassen at student.tue.nl
Thu Oct 28 05:38:18 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm building a parser for a language and I'd like to get a nifty graphical representation of the generated tree to see if my rules are doing the right thing.

I'm pretty sure there's functionality for this included in ANTLR, I just don't know how to do it :)

I know this is probably somewhere to be R'ed in TFM, but right now I'm dealing with information overkill (new to C#, the C# IDE, ANTLR itself) and I just want to get some work done. I only need to get this language formally specified and then someone with more proficiency in C# can build the actual compiler from there :)

So if anyone could give me a quick-and-dirty rundown of how to get my Main() to show me a little ascii tree I'd be really grateful :) otherwise I guess it's back to browsing the examples and documentation.

Je vous prie d'agréer, madame, monsieur, l'expression de mes sentiments
distingués, Harald Maassen