[antlr-interest] True win32 ANTLR standalone executable

mhahndeqo mark at pycs.org
Sun Sep 12 00:14:13 PDT 2004

If you are interested in a true standalone ANTLR 2.7.4 win32
executable that doesn't require any JRE or Cygwin, I made one with a
trial version of JET.  It works normally except for a nag message
that prints with every run that looks like this:

C:\ANTLR-Standalone-2.7.4>antlr -h
ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.4   1989-2004 jGuru.com
usage: java antlr.Tool [args] file.g
  -o outputDir       specify output directory where all output
generated.
  -glib superGrammar specify location of supergrammar file.
  -debug             launch the ParseView debugger upon parser
invocation.
  -html              generate a html file from your grammar.
  -docbook           generate a docbook sgml file from your grammar.
  -diagnostic        generate a textfile with diagnostics.
  -trace             have all rules call traceIn/traceOut.
  -traceLexer        have lexer rules call traceIn/traceOut.
  -traceParser       have parser rules call traceIn/traceOut.
  -traceTreeParser   have tree parser rules call traceIn/traceOut.
  -h|-help|--help    this message
***********
This application may not be legally used in a business, commercial,
government or institutional environment, because it incorporates a
restricted evaluation version of Excelsior JET.
The restriction-free version of JET may be purchased online at the
Excelsior's Web site (http://www.excelsior-usa.com).
**********

C:\ANTLR-Standalone-2.7.4>

Obviously it is not for use in any environment prohibited in the nag
message above.  If anyone owns JET or wants to pay for it then this
restriction could be removed.  I would buy it except that I don't use
Java.

It is a 8.5 meg installer that creates a folder.  It also runs faster
than the normal ANTLR. (At least it should according to their claims.
I haven't timed it).

You can download it from:

http://prothon.org/pub/prothon/docs/antlr_distrib.exe