[antlr-interest] First release of ASPA

Anakreon anakreonmejdi at yahoo.gr
Tue Sep 14 06:23:59 PDT 2004

Hello everyone.

I'd like to announce the first release of ASPA, the project I was working on the last year.
ASPA is a source to source compiler which translates ASP into PHP code. The goal
of ASPA is that the translated code provides the same functionality as the ASP
version of the initial source.

Beside using ASPA for translation of ASP pages, some parts of it could be useful
or interesting to other developers.
Components:
Lexer for plain text (html.g)
....... JavaScript. This is a modified version of the Java lexer distributed with antlr
........VBScript
Parsers for JavaScript and VBScript as well as TreeParsers for those languages.
Since ASPA is licensed under GPL you are free to use any of those components.

An other aspect which could be interesting for an antlr developer could be the
usage of XML for some parts of the translation and also for testing. Regarding the
usage of XML in the translation process I've written a small paper which I'd like
to send to the forthcoming antlr workshop.

Also, in order to separate the grammar from the action code, I have used
a tool called annotation (you can find a slightly modified version of the tool in
the file sharing section of antlr.org named anottation2).

ASPA can be downloaded from
http://storm.cs.unipi.gr/~anakreon/aspa.html

Anakreon.