[antlr-interest] Parsing Trees and FSM question

walterstudent walterstudent at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 15:47:28 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am new to the parsers and ANTLR but I wish to pose a question
concering directed (with directed edges) tree parsing.

My program produces trees where each node of a tree can assume
nominal values from a finite set i.e. X={a,b,c,d}, Y={A,D,E,F}. I
would like to know how from an adjacency matrix (matrix where there
is 1 in row X and collumn Y only if there is a directed edge from X
to Y i.e. X->Y) representation and knowledge about the values that
each of the variables can assume I could generate lexer and parser.
The structure of the tree is unknown in advance (i.e. depth) but it
can restrict those trees to binary trees, but I ideally I would
prefer not to do so.

In addition to this information I have a probability distribution of
these variables P(X=a,Y=e).

How could I generate such a tree recognizer?

In addition I am wondering how I could easily generate FSM(Finite
State Machine) using ANTLR. Are there any tools for FSM generation

Thanks for assistance,
Walter