[antlr-interest] Latest on ANTLR 2.8

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Sep 23 16:15:53 PDT 2004

On Sep 23, 2004, at 3:47 PM, lgcraymer wrote:

> I have finally gotten permission to release my tree rewrite stuff and
> automated tree grammar generation support for ANTLR.  It has been
> classified as EAR99, which allows export to most non-US countries.  It
> will still take a little while for distribution arrangements to be
> made through the Open Channel Foundation (the approved route), but now
> that is just a matter of time.

I'm very happy that we'll be able to access Loring's fixes to the tree
stuff and his auto tree-grammar generator.  Let's be careful though
that we don't "taint" antlr's liberal licensing policies.  3.0 will be
BSD license or equivalent; I'm a bit nervous about not allowing certain
countries to download 2.8.  Wouldn't want people to think that applies
to ANTLR in general.

Ter
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com