[antlr-interest] grammar guessing.

Bharath Sundararaman Bharath.Sundararaman at starthis.com
Tue Apr 5 08:48:56 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a rule of the form:

var: v:IDENT{Get type of "v" and store it in AST #v}(subscripts[#v])?;

Before the 'subscripts' rule is called, I have to store the type of 'v'.
However, the compiler is in GUESSING MODE because of (subscripts[#v])?.
This causes the execution of 'subscripts' rule without performing the
actions related to the IDENT.

How can I get around this? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bharath.