[antlr-interest] Antlr ANT task: Seemless builds using the Antlr -Problems and solutions. Help appreciated!

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 08:04:54 PDT 2005

--- Scott Stanchfield <scott at javadude.com> wrote:

> I'm working on updating the ANTLR ANT task ;)

[SNIP]
> I'd also like to set up some way to make "clean"
> easy, so we'll know which
> files were generated by antlr. I'm doing this in the
> eclipse plugin (I added
> "clean" support), but to do it for an ant build
> would require tracking
> generated files in another file, like
> .antlr-generated or something. We can
> then have a <antlr clean="yes"> option that removes
> any generated files. (We
> would have to always append to the .antlr-generated
> file to capture all
> renames and such until a clean)

Why don't you create an antlr FileMapper?  This mapper
could parse a grammar file to determine the output
file.  So to do a clean you could use pathconvert with
a mapper (since Ant 1.6.2) to help you generate the
list of output files, convert those to a fileset, and
delete.

> I'm working on the ant task today, btw, so good
> timing ;) Then I've got to
> figure out how to contribute the changes... too much
> fun...

Open an RFE in Ant's bugzilla and I will be watching
for it.

-Matt