[antlr-interest] What exactly does 'follow set' mean?

shmuel siegel antlr at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Tue Apr 19 08:21:06 PDT 2005

Monty Zukowski wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2005, at 2:11 PM, shmuel siegel wrote:
>
>> While we are on the subject of "follow set", is there a tool that
>> will translate a follow set to the characters that it represents? One
>> of the strong points of Antlr is that it is possible to understand
>> the code it generates. This would be enhanced if the follow and match
>> sets were easily translated into human terms.
>>
> Well, if you set the option codeGenBitsetThreshold very high, like
> 999999, then you will see all the token names instead of the bitset
> objects.
>
> Monty

I assume that you mean codeGenBitsetTestThreshold as that is actually
accepted. It only solves one of my problems; it makes the normal parsing
readable. But it doesn't let me know what consume is doing during error
recovery. I would still like an option for expanding the bitset into
readable entities. Inline comments would be fine.