[antlr-interest] Serious doubts on usage of incremental parsinginides

Jean Bovet antlr-list at arizona-software.ch
Tue Apr 26 10:47:56 PDT 2005

> As there is an interval between the time u do the parsing and the
> coloring, what if the text has  been changed by the user in that
> interval?

The colorization thread is cancelled if it already started and if it is
not in the colorization process itself. The problem is that if the user
makes a change when the colorization thread is actually colorizing the
text... he will have to wait a few ms. Currently, the colorization is
fast enough (and only colorize the modified part of the text) that I
don't feel any delay. But I don't see how to modify the color of the
text in the JTextPane without blocking the editing of this JTextPane to
prevent concurrent modification... any idea ?

Jean