[antlr-interest] Beginner need some help

Christopher Schultz christopher.d.schultz at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 07:02:17 PDT 2005

Alexander,

> I've some really big library written in C++ and like to port it to C#.
> I'm sure, this can't be made automatically, but I want to automate same
> tasks.

This is a BIG BIG task, and very difficult. ANTLR can help you parse the
source code, but you're going to have to write a very complicated
translator, which knows what type variables are (i.e. for overloading)
and all kinds of stuff like that.

Why don't you just use CLR's ability to execute compiled C++ code
directly? I'm not sure of Mono compiles C++, but the MS compiler
certainly does.

-chris