[antlr-interest] linear backtracking part II - Chances to see this improvement in V. 2.x. Please ?

Geir Ove Skjaervik geiroves at online.no
Sat Dec 3 01:42:29 PST 2005

Hello,

Great news. As the subject line says: Is it a chance we will see this
improvement in version 2.x ? My current project is far to deeply
committed to version 2.x to change to 3.x now.

I have the same problem as Martin
(http://localhost:4664/cache?event_id=275100&schema_id=1&q=keyword+profi
ler+2&s=S3wQI0ZFSqH-_20cxpDke7zwPig), I have a keywordless language
where I just have had to use Syntactic predicates more often than I
like, and that hurts parsing performance.

So, can we please see this improved Syntactic Predicate / Backtracking
code improvement in version 2.x ?

Geir Ove