[antlr-interest] antlr build problem

Dan Axline waxline at dsndata.com
Tue Dec 6 17:41:56 PST 2005

I get this error when running make:

>> make -C ./antlr all

*** compiling 0 Java file(s)
javac: no source files

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                       >> E R R O R <<

/usr/local/waxline/programs/j2sdk1.4.2_05/bin/javac -d . -sourcepath
/usr/local/waxline/downloads/antlr-2.7.5 -classpath
/usr/local/waxline/tmp_antlr/antlr/antlr.jar:/usr/local/waxline/programs/j2sdk1.4.2_05/lib:.

Got an error while trying to execute  command  above.  Error
messages (if any) must have shown before. The exit code was:
exit(2)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
make[1]: *** [/usr/local/waxline/tmp_antlr/antlr/antlr.jar] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 1

I tried figuring out what is wrong with the Makefile, but I'm out of
my depth there.  Apparently $ARGV is empty in javac.sh...

Here is a script describing how I am trying to install antlr:

#!/bin/bash

BASE=/usr/local/waxline
DOWNLOADS=$BASE/downloads
TMP=$BASE/tmp_antlr