[antlr-interest] preserving whitespace

Donal Murtagh donalmurtagh at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 01:40:07 PST 2005

Hi Kamal,

Where Terence says: "Currently, there is no obvious means of doing this simply in ANTLR", he's
referring to preserving original token sequence in ASTs IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE EXTRA CLASSES
PROVIDED IN THE ARTICLE, rather than the shortcoming I've described.

Apparently the ability to preserve the original format will be "standard equipment" in ANTLR v.3,
which I believe is due for release in spring 2006.

Cheers,
Don