[antlr-interest] antlr suitable for xml languages? (like bpel andare there existing grammaires)

Scott Stanchfield scott at javadude.com
Wed Dec 14 06:04:26 PST 2005

Sure, but I'd recommend looking at ANTXR, which is a fork I made from ANTLR
specifically for XML parsing. I use it for several projects at work and it's
saved me a metric butload of time.

See http://javadude.com/tools/antxr

You need to write a grammar, but it has a more xml feel than ANTLR and you
don't need to write the scanner (you can use SAX or XMLPULL for the scanner)

Eventually I plan to write a base-grammar creator that takes an XSD or DTD
as input and creates a basic ANTXR grammar, but I haven't had the time...

Feel free to email me with any questions!
-- Scott

  _____