[antlr-interest] i need your opinions about antlr

duboimat at iro.umontreal.ca duboimat at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Dec 14 21:31:23 PST 2005

hello,

i would like to know your opinion

I have to use a heteregnous tree to support different langages at the
same time.
In my project i will do a lot of tree transformation on these trees by using
some algorythms.  I would like also to use string template(st) as ouput to
target a specific langagues.  My goal is to have a generic input and output

Is it better to do that with antlr v3 or v2.
When i used st in a tree parser I have some repetition on the ouput.
it didn't work well when i included st in a recursive call.

so, if I create my own nodes and push each node in the template (string
template) by calling them. (like a big stack that i push each node into it)

What is the better way to push a tree into string template model?

thank you for your opinion,
Mat