[antlr-interest] 2.8 update

John D. Mitchell johnm-antlr at non.net
Tue Feb 8 09:46:28 PST 2005

[...]

>> It gets into the exposure to the liability of various types of IP (the
>> big one these days is patents).

>> Alas, that's why even BSD isn't enough for anyone who's seriously
>> paranoid.

> Interesting comments. I've got to read up again on the various licenses
> and the consequences theie use implies.

There are two books (that I know of) that are currently available which
specifically talk about Free and Open Source licenses. I've read the one by
Rosen and skimmed the other one. You might find them helpful.

As I recommended to Ter after the Antlr fest at USF, it seems that Rosen's
latest version of the "Academic Free License" covers all of the bases for
Antlr needs.
http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-2.1.php

As always, IANAL, seek competent professional help, etc.

Take care,
	John