[antlr-interest] 2.7.4 Installation problem on Tru64 Unix v5.1

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 03:02:28 PST 2005

McCall, Kurt wrote:
> I am attempting to install ANTLR 2.7.4 under  Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1,
> building all binaries with the Compac cxx compiler
> (Compaq C++ V6.3-002).  I set all of the environmental variables needed by
> "configure" to use cxx rather than g++ (that is, CC CFLAGS LDFLAGS CPPFLAGS
> CPP CXX CXXFLAGS CXXCPP), and I seem to have gotten a clean "configure" and
> a clean gmake (the first one).
>
> However, when I run "gmake install" I get the following errors, and I am not
> sure why.  Any help would be appreciated.

> gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/spare/mccalke/antlr-2.7.4/lib/cpp/src'
> ls: *.hpp not found
> gmake[3]: Entering directory `/spare/mccalke/antlr-2.7.4/lib/cpp/antlr'
> ls: *.hpp not found
> /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `;' unexpected

It looks like the shell expansion for the ls *.hpp in lib/cpp/antlr
isn't working for some reason on your platform, at least I suspect with
this amount of info. You can add a list of all the .hpp files in stead
of the $(shell ls *.hpp) in the Makefile and see if that works. You can
also manually copy the .hpp files to <prefix>/include/antlr/. Another
solution would be to grab 2.7.5 which has completely reworked Makefile's
and configure script.

Cheers,

Ric