[antlr-interest] C++ debugging weirdness

Bryan Ewbank ewbank at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 11:58:36 PST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:23:59 +0100, Ric Klaren <ric.klaren at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mostly somewhat obvious tips I can think of is trying to upgrade g++
> and see if that fixes things. There have been loads of debugging info
> fixes for g++. Maybe -ggdb3 makes a bit of a difference. It could also
> help to use -O0 when compiling so the optimizer doesn't strip away too
> much.

Upgrading is not an option; this is unfortunately a production
environment where the compilers are locked down.  I got some gentle
help off-list (thanks, Peggy) and now have figured out that what in
the code looks like this:
      inputState->guessing
must be printed like this as a debugging directive:
      p this->inputState->ref.ptr->guessing