[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.0 is going to have Lexer as fast as FLEX ?

Loring Craymer Loring.G.Craymer at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Jan 30 23:45:12 PST 2005

Ruslan--

Vern Paxson put many years into making flex as fast as humanly possible.
Doing as well would be difficult, especially since one of the design goals
for ANTLR 3 is to maintain the human readability of generated code.

That said, ANTLR 3 lexers will be much faster than ANTLR 2 lexers; Ter has
some data on that that I believe he posted to the list.

Ter has said "May" for early availability; however, that could change.

--Loring