[antlr-interest] Problems with using the C++ grammar provided at antlr.org.

Min Deng min_d99 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 17:07:46 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I am looking at the C++ grammar at
http://www.antlr.org/grammar/cpp. As indicated in the
MyReadMe.txt, this grammar for ANTLR will produce a
lexer and a parser written in C++ for C++ files. I am
wondering if there is a C++ grammar for ANTLR that
produces a lexer and a parser written in Java (instead
of C++) for C++ files.

For the above C++ grammar, the author mentioned the
use of MSVC 6.0 and ANTLR for MSVC. Is MSVC required
for compiling the lexer and parser, that is, is it
possible to compile them successfully on cygwin?

I used the command "java antlr.Tool CPP_parser.g" to
generate a lexer and a parser on cygwin. After using
the command "g++ CPPLexer.cpp", a real long list of
output was produced on screen, and I could not stop or
redirect the output. Is it possible to turn off/down
the output so that I can know what is the wrong with
the compilation process?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Min