[antlr-interest] Why no links to ANTLR 3.0 on www.antlr.org??

Geir Ove Skjaervik geiroves at online.no
Fri Jun 3 00:53:46 PDT 2005

Maybe its me, but I cannot find anything about the new relese on
www.antlr.org, nor can I find anythign about the licensing policy of
this new release? Why is this so??

I am currently using 2.7.5, but find it hard to track what is going on
in the ANTLR community.

Yes, we have this news group, but a news group is a very inefficient
when it comes to finding information you (I, we) need in a hurry:
Searching for a keyword more often than not gives matched to another
person who asks the same question or someone who thinks they know the
answer.

Speaking in general terms, most of the ANTLR site seems to be for the
"inner circle" only: It is very hard to find information about ANTLR.
The getting started examples are too basic to do any real stuff, and the
provided examples are also either to simple, or way over a beginners
head.

I am over the beginner level know (I think and hope), but getting there
was very time-consuming: And, isn't a tool like this about saving time?

I have learned the tool the hard way, but is the way "we" want this to
be?

By the way: ANTLR IS great, but I wish it could be more "approachable"
:-)

Geir Ove
Norway