[antlr-interest] Again semantical problem

Serafettin Senturk serafettin_sentuerk at intergral.com
Wed Jun 8 08:34:12 PDT 2005

 Hello,

 I have again a question about semantical analysis in Antlr. How far is it
possible to solve semantical problems with Antlr?

 For example, If I have a statement like the following:

 a = b + method() - 4 / d;

 Is it possible to find the value of the right side and according to the
data type of the result to put the appropriate type before the variable
named a ? like:

 float a =  b + method() - 4 / d;

 Again the transformation from typeless language to typeful one.

 How far is it possible to solve such a problem in Antlr? or is Antlr only
for syntactical transformations?

 Regards,
 Serafettin