[antlr-interest] c++ antlr profiling question

Bryan Ewbank ewbank at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:33:12 PDT 2005

Hi Folks,

We've been collecting some performance numbers, and I need help
understanding them in the context of antlr.

Any idea what these functions are (linux g++ compiler):

      %       function name
    -----    ------------------------------
    19.50    read_encoded_value_with_base(u
    18.74    read_uleb128(unsigned char con
     9.85    __gxx_personality_v0
     6.75    base_of_encoded_value(unsigned
     4.23    execute_cfa_program
     4.03    _Unwind_IteratePhdrCallback

Any information, especially on read_encoded_value_with_base, would be
great.  I see a few hits on the web, but nothing substantial.  Having
20% of our execution time go into something that we don't grok
concerns me a bit ;-)