[antlr-interest] FW: Expression Parser with functions,

Scott Stanchfield scott at javadude.com
Sun Jun 19 07:39:34 PDT 2005

Personally, I don't use trees for expression parsers. Trees are useful if
there's some transformation you want to do on the result or you have some
forward references to resolve, but if the expression language is
straightforward, I'd just do it in the parser.

Later,
-- Scott

I am struggling to get to terms with the tree.

It is easier to do this without making use of the tree at all. Is that a
better approach?

Maybe I should leave out the tree altogether.