XML parsing (was RE: [antlr-interest] Places where Antlr can beused ....)

Scott Stanchfield scott at javadude.com
Fri Jun 24 20:32:27 PDT 2005

I'm actually doing this separately. I was thinking of merging with XPA, but
decided to keep this separate.

The SAX-based scanner is actually pretty similar. (We both arrived at the
same approach independently). I also have an XMLPULL based scanner. I only
have a single XML_END_TAG token that is passed for all end tags.

The parser is different. I added syntax to ANTLR to automatically generate
the start/end tag matches, as well as attribute syntax to make action code
simpler.

I hope to have the beta out this weekend. I did a ton of work on it today (I
converted a project at work to use it and it works great now).

Later,
--- Scott