[antlr-interest] Java1.5 grammar and enum as identifier and not as a keyword

Jörg Rech joerg.rech at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 06:16:40 PDT 2005

Hi,
  I have a problem parsing the java libraries using the java1.5.g
grammar updated by Scott Wisniewski. Several statements use the
java1.5-keyword "enum" as a name for a variable.

For example, for the statment:
Enumeration enum = db.serverTable.elements();

The parser throws the following error:
RepositoryImpl.java:110:13: unexpected token: Enumeration
RepositoryImpl.java:110:30: expecting IDENT, found '='

As far as I understand it the parser tries to match an enum-rule and
does not recognize the previous IDENT ("Enumeration")

Has anyone a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Joerg.

--