[antlr-interest] ANTLR and Class.forName()

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Tue Mar 15 09:29:18 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:26:04 +0100, Paul J. Lucas <pauljlucas at mac.com>
wrote:

>> The antlr code has about 11 instances of dynamic classloading where it
>> naively uses Class.forName to load classes. That is "bad" behavior for a
>> framework that is meant to be portable :(
>
>  	I already complained to Terence about this and I thought it was
>  	fixed in 2.7.5 (i.e., a new API was added and the old was
>  	deprecated).

well it ain't ,)

FYI we first discovered the problem when our users tried to use
H3 inside weblogic which for some reason unkown to me dont provide
proper classloader isolation so the antlr.jar they have gets mixed
up with us....especially because class.forName() can't find our classes
as antlr.jar is on the sys classpath and we are not.

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
max at hibernate.org