[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 dev status?

Sebastian Kaliszewski sk at z.pl
Fri Mar 18 09:18:21 PST 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 19:51, Terence Parr wrote:
[snip]
> We'll have internationalized error
> messages (with perhaps English, French at that point).

I volunteer to do Polish translations (If you're interested, of course).

> Anyway, my goal is to get a solid base system done that knows how to
> parse / lex shortly, with full semantic predicate hoisting.  Then,
> after first early-release, I'll add tree stuff etc... once I settle on
> what I want.

Oh, one idea WRT ^ & ^^ 'operators' for tree creation in Parser. Those are
nice but break compatibility with 2.x -- so maybe use good old ^ instead od
new proposed ^^ and ` to mean what ^ is proposed to mean in 3.0 (` is the
reverse single quote, i.e that sign sharing the key with ~ on most
keyboards). Like ^ is half of ^^ then ` might be considered half of ^. Just
an idea...

rgds
--
Sebastian Kaliszewski