[antlr-interest] ANTLR plugin

Bharath Sundararaman Bharath.Sundararaman at starthis.com
Sat Mar 19 11:57:47 PST 2005

Hi Scott,

I use Eclipse 3.0.1 and ANTLR plug-in 3.0.5 on Windows XP. I noticed
after sending the e-mail that my parser grammar worked fine while my
tree parser grammar was not. I restored my tree parser grammar to the
previous version I had stored in my repository and it worked.

The issue however is this:

1) The grammar which refused to compile and yield java code was working
the previous night and there were no modifications to it that could have
caused the problem.

2) Even if I had made a mistake (For eg. If I had typed in an extra
letter while doing ctrl+s to save changes the previous night), the
grammar should have displayed the error. Au contraire, it behaved just
like a text file and did not show any errors even when I deliberately
changed the keyword "return" to "retrn".

3) Unfortunately, I will not be able to send you the grammar due to NDA.
Please bear with me.

Thanks for the help. I will be looking forward to the next version -].

Bharath.