[antlr-interest] v3.0 debug interface

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Mar 23 21:56:53 PST 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 8:55 PM, Bryan Ewbank wrote:

> Perhaps I missed it in this thread, but is the V3.0 debug interface
> intended only for Java?  It seems that quite a bit of the discussion
> is in that context, so need to ask.

Hi Bryan,

The debugger will work with any language that can spit text across a
socket; that is, any language you're likely to care about. :)  There
will some limitations I imagine even for Java->Java across a socket.
For example, I don't think that tracking the currently constructed for
a rule will be very easy.  it could be a HUGE amount of data to
send...we'll see how clever Jean Bovet and I can be. :)

Ter