[antlr-interest] v3.0 debug interface

Andy Tripp atripp at comcast.net
Thu Mar 24 17:45:50 PST 2005

>I would really prefer the transport mechanism to be a plugin. This would
>allow socket-based transport if desired, or direct observer communication.
>No need to do network I/O if not necessary.
>
>The plugin would be responsible for the unicast/multicast support.

That sounds like a good idea. Now, if we just had some magic way to add
listeners, and not
care whether the listeners are on the same machine or not. And not care
what language the listeners
are in. And actually listen for objects/data rather than
marshalling/demarshalling streams of bytes
across a socket.

Gosh, maybe we could make such a mechanism a standard, and have lots of
implemenations, many
of them free, and even a free one included in with the base Java JDK.
Man, that would be great. We are in the 90's after all, no need to keep
kludging our interfaces.
http://www.omg.org/gettingstarted/history_of_corba.htm

Andy :)