[antlr-interest] v3.0 debug interface

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sat Mar 26 10:34:41 PST 2005

On Mar 25, 2005, at 7:23 PM, Scott Stanchfield wrote:

> The server starting part is the trouble. You can set up eclipse to
> start a
> plugin on startup, though, which would take care of it. However, if
> there's
> already a server running, we'd need to pick a different port, and the
> server
> needs the right classpath.
>
> It's a bit of a pain... But not *too* bad

I'm wondering if a pure socket interface to the debugger is the right
answer.  No point in having Java do it differently unless I get a
serious benefit.  The most obvious benefit would be an initial "ease of
implementation while we are experimenting" benefit.  Hmm....

I meet Jean tomorrow to brainstorm.

Ter