[antlr-interest] XQuery Grammar?

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Wed May 4 09:43:51 PDT 2005

Take a look at eXist, it's an open source XML database supporting
XQuery, and AFAIK it uses ANTLR to parse statements.

If you decide to write it on you own, beware of the keywordless-nes of
XQuery - attribute can be both a keyword an a QName selecting an element
called "attribute". There is a document about lexing XQuery on the spec
page that describes how to build a lexer for XQuery, doing so with
ANTLRs standard Lexer tools is quite difficult.

Regards,
Martin