[antlr-interest] submission of patches, fixes, other contributions

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sun May 29 12:45:53 PDT 2005

Howdy,

In the old days, public domain was the most generous license to use
for software.  Oddly enough, now it's not good at all.  I think a
large company with 3 letters in their name has emailed me like 4
times from different groups asking if I have a certification from
every contributor of patches over the last 15 years that they had the
right to submit the patch and that they granted me a license etc...
You get the picture.  Basically, nobody wants to use software anymore
that could include stolen work etc...

Going forward, I must ask that people submit everything through the
website, which will track everything and have a "contributor's
license" agreement etc...  It just asks that you certify you created
whatever you're sending in and give me license to do whatever I want
with it.  Here is my tentative language (in the box at the bottom):

http://www.antlr.org/misc/feedback

Comments on the language and/or issues?

Terence
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com