[antlr-interest] submission of patches, fixes, other contributions

Gerald B. Rosenberg gbr at newtechlaw.com
Tue May 31 00:02:41 PDT 2005

At 08:34 AM 5/31/2005, Martin Probst wrote:

>Hi,
>
> > It is important to realize that, after almost 30 years, there have
> > been very few actual or even attempted adjudications of these
> > clauses.
>
>You probably know that, but just to mention: in Germany the GPL (and if
>I'm not mistaken, the LGPL too) has been approved in court several times
>now. Though the issue was always about some vendor not adhering the
>"contribute back" part of the license.

Several actions, but only one that I have heard of -- Dutch, I thought --
that has actually come to a judicial decision.

>The court argued that even if
>someone might come to the conclusion that the GPL is not valid wrt
>German law, there would have been nothing that allowed the vendor to use
>that source in the first place.

If I am not mistaken, you are referring to one of the preliminary motions
-- interesting, but we will have to wait for something final.  And, of
course you heard that many of our leading US Senators consider it
high-treason for our Supreme Court justices to even read international
court decisions.  Priceless ... (in the intellectually bankrupt sense).

Best,
Gerald
----
Gerald B. Rosenberg, Esq.
NewTechLaw
285 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 520
Palo Alto, CA  94301-2576

650.325.2100  (office)  /  650.703.1724  (cell)
650.325.2107  (fax)

www.newtechlaw.com