[antlr-interest] Do we need an antlr tutorial

Suman Karumuri mansuk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:09:00 PST 2005

Hi all,

I have been working on antlr for the past one month and i have
implemented a version of hoc(as described in "The unix programming
environment" by kernighan and pike) using antlr and python.

This is a complete language with loops,conditionals and functions.
>From the tree parser i generate a byte code which is interpretted by
the interpretter. One advantage of this system over hoc is that it is
easy to learn when compared to hoc. However, there are some minor
deviations from the hoc described in the book.

So, is working on the program to convert into a tutorial worth the
effort?If there is some interest i can put in my spare time in writing
the tutorial.There are also some code clean ups that should be done.

-Suman