[antlr-interest] Treeparser inheritance?

Jos Fries ga-fries at veenendaalnet.nl
Mon Nov 14 08:37:45 PST 2005

Hi,

Last weekend I experimented with grammar inheritance. I successfully extended a lexer and a parser. Extending my tree parser however failed. My statement "class BTreeWalker extends ATreeWalker;" is accepted by ANTLR but compiled to the Java code "public class BTreeWalker extends antlr.TreeParser".

Excuse the newbie character of the question, but does the concept of grammar inheritance also apply to tree parsers? The documentation doesn't state anything about this. I'm using antlr 2.7.4.

Regards,

Jos