[antlr-interest] Upgrade a token/AST from inside the parser.

Jan H. van der Ven jhvdven at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 16 07:25:38 PST 2005

Hi,

I am currently working on a SQL parser (we want to support all databases,
but I am taking baby steps). I used the MS SQL select statement from
Tomasz Jastrzebski that can be downloaded from antlr.org. It checks my
statements ok, but that is not the only result I am looking for.

What I want is that after the parsing the tokens contain extra information
about their syntactic nature. For instance, the parser will find out that
a certain 'identifier' is actually a column and I would like that
knowledge to become part of the token or the AST.

I am new to all of this, so if this is something you guys do all day
please let me know.

If it is not, could you point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Jan van der Ven