[antlr-interest] $r.st vs $r.template

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Nov 21 13:58:25 PST 2005

Howdy.  I can't decide whether to use .st or .template as the
predefined property of a rule label reference.  Do you like this:

formalParameter
     :   type declarator
         -> parameter(type={$type.st},name={$declarator.st})
     ;

or would you prefer $type.template and $declarator.template?  I had
it this verbose way at first, but I quickly got tired of typing it.
My one concern with .st is it is the file extension for template
files (only for people using it for web stuff I guess though).

ST is an officially approved abbreviation for StringTemplate in email
though ;)  Perhaps it's ok.

By the way, do you like that ANTLR+ST integration?  I've got it
working and am converting my cminus.g translator to this v3 stuff.
Should be done shortly.

Ter