[antlr-interest] Trouble making 2.7.5 during install on Darwin/Mac OS X

Kay Roepke kroepke at dolphin-services.de
Wed Nov 23 05:12:43 PST 2005

On 23. Nov 2005, at 14:01 Uhr, Martin Proud wrote:

> Unrecognized option: -d
> Could not create the Java virtual machine.

mhm. strange. You are using the JavaVM 1.3.1, right?
The '-d' is set in antlr-2.7.5/scripts/javac.sh, which is used to
compile the java classes.
I cannot see right now, why that should be a problem.
Could you look where your /usr/bin/javac points to? (It should go
into /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Commands/javac (in
which
Commands is a symlink to ./Versions/CurrentJDK/Commands)

Might that be the trouble? For it builds nicely, but I'm always using
the "CurrentJDK" version...

HTH, Kay