[antlr-interest] Lexer - Counting from zero

Thiago Arrais thiago.arrais at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 03:33:30 PST 2005

2005/11/24, Sohail Somani <sohail at taggedtype.net>:
> Dude, nothing wrong with this. Thats why java makes every function
> virtual :)

My problem isn't really with the the virtual function. What I don't
like is to set a counter twice and to calculate more that necessary on
a method that is called for every created token. I am not that
perfomance paranoid, I just would rather say 'Hey, lexer, start
counting from 0' and what I am doing is let him count the way he
counts and them converting to my needs. It seems cleaner to me.

I sure can live with that, but I'd like to know if there are other
solutions. How do people do people deal with this problem?

Regards,

Thiago Arrais