[antlr-interest] Antlr 3 and the newline token problem

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Fri Nov 25 15:17:59 PST 2005

Please don't post HTML to mailing lists.

> I would be against putting file name tracking in antlr.
> I mean we can put all kinds of stuff in there which we like, but that
> would cause bloat.

I concur. It's really quite easy to add file name handling to ANTLR if
needed by overriding some methods, and if used in a bigger project you
probably do some conversion on the exceptions anyways, so it's not a
problem to add your file names there.

I think that's more of a documentation problem, ANTLR should maybe get a
better FAQ than currently (I've never really gotten the point of that
JGuru thing...).

Martin