[antlr-interest] C++ beginner questions

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Mon Oct 3 00:23:13 PDT 2005

>   And don't feed me that line about the JIT compiler.  JIT is fine for
>   long running servers.  But a JIT compiler is not likely to do a run
>   once application like a compiler much good.

Well, that's the point. Command line applications in Java suck, admitted
- for one because of the JVM startup and on the other hand because of
the JIT, though you can of course run your JVM with -server to get even
longer startup times ...

But if you run it with -server or after the JIT kicks in I have not
experienced much of a difference, and in some cases the Java code
actually runs faster.

Martin