FW: [antlr-interest] Serious Bug when using BitSet generation-Forgot

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 15:08:26 PDT 2005

Hi,

Geir Ove Skjaervik wrote:
> When you have the time, can you please consider this problem ? It looks
> like a bug to me as my code work when I do NOT use Bitsets.However, I
> guess the if() code is more time consuming. I also think it is important
> for everyone to know about this scenario, and how to avoid it if
> possible.

To avoid it my guess would be: don't make rules that match nothing.
Another work around is to change the bitset option for the rule (not
100% sure if that is supported) Empty rules are generally a good source
for unintuitive (and now also) bad behaviour with antlr.

I myself will probably not have much time to look at it this week
(workshop/trip preparations). Could you make a small example grammar of
this (it's enough if it produces code) makes bughunting faster. I will
probably have some time to look at it before/during the workshop next week.

Cheers,

Ric