[antlr-interest] Two questions about antlr3 syntax

shmuel siegel antlr at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Thu Oct 27 09:52:46 PDT 2005

1) In antlr2 I used EOT to indicate that the entire input file must
match my syntax. What has replaced this in antlr3.
example
     document : contextSection (eventSection)? (handlerList)?
(settingSection)* EOT!;

2) in antlr2 we used labels to create referenceable items. The read me
notes say that we should use an equal sign instead of a colon but
neither syntax works for me in antlr3. what do I need to do?

example:
    LINE_DIRECTIVE : a="#line" WS line=NUMBER WS (filename=STRING)?
        {
            $setType(Token.SKIP);
            setLine(Integer.parseInt(line.getText())-1);
            if(filename!=null)
            {
                currentFilename = filename.getText();
                setFilename(currentFilename);