[antlr-interest] _saveIndex bugs in 2.7.5

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Sun Oct 30 10:41:54 PST 2005

> > What version of ANTLR/C# are you using?. IIRC, Kunle and I
> fixed this
> > for the 2.7.5 release.
>
> I'm using the source distribution of 2.7.5.
>
> > If you are using 2.7.5, send me a small grammar that
> demonstrates the
> > problem.
>
> The problem occurs in the StringTemplate lexers - just run
> Antlr on angle.bracket.template.g.

Aargh!. You are right of course.

A quick look in my mail archive reveals that Steve [Sarandos] didn't get
back to us after I send him our fixes for the same issue prior to the 2.7.5
release (he was working on a new release of StringTemplate at the time
iirc). We assumed he was happy with the fix.

We don't think we can fix this without fairly involved changes to the 2.x
codegen. The need to predict future _saveIndex usage in nested blocks being
the showstopper.

Yours is the first report of this issue since 2.7.5 was released so, I'm
deferring this for the moment but, I'll look into it some more.

Kunle