[antlr-interest] Segmentation Fault under Cygwin 1.5.18-1

McCall, Kurt Kurt.E.McCall at nasa.gov
Thu Sep 8 13:34:53 PDT 2005

Ric,  I am not using a custom token type, and the parser initialized
correctly.  I don't think it is an ANTLR problem, but a problem in the way
Cygwin handles ANTLR, especially since it crashes in the Cygwin DLL.  The
entire program runs correctly if you compile under Cygwin with the
-mno_cygwin option, which causes it to link with different libraries and run
in a DOS window rather than a UNIX-like window. I was just hoping that some
Cygwin user would recognize the symptoms.

Kurt

From: Ric Klaren [mailto:ric.klaren at gmail.com]
Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] Segmentation Fault under Cygwin 1.5.18-1

McCall, Kurt wrote:
> Here is a gdb stack trace after a mystifying segmentation fault in my
> C++ ANTLR parser running under Cygwin 1.5.18.1.  It seems to be crashing
the in
> the Cygwin dll.   Does this look familiar to anyone?  The ANTLR version is
> 2.7.5.

It can be anything. Are you using some custom token type ? Did you check the
initialization of the parser/lexer?

Cheers,

Ric