[antlr-interest] Price of Antlr Studio

shmuel siegel antlr at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Wed Sep 21 16:06:28 PDT 2005

Prashant Deva wrote:

> For all those who are against the commercialization of ANTLR Studio-
> I dont know why you guys are against commercial software. I think
> commercial is the best way to develop a software, especially one like
> an IDE.

I have found this discussion highly perplexing. I too was surprised to
find out that ANTLR Studio was for a fee and I probably won't be buying
it. But let's see. Who has been hurt that he has a right to be
resentful. I can think of two categories of people, those that freely
contributed ideas to help make ANTLR Studio better and the owner of this
forum who finds that his assets were used for someone elses profit. If
neither of these groups are complaining why is anybody else?

As far as the price or terms of the beta test, if you don't like them,
don't participate. You have lost nothing.